Thursday, January 21, 2010

Notice anything different....


in these two pictures???





First off let me say I am in NO way a decorator or designer. Matter of fact I have on occasion consulted with fellow bloggers (Thrifty Decor Chick and Spire Design Group) on ideas for this room...and for the record have yet to implement any suggestions for the simple fact that my money tree must have been stolen!

But as a mother of a small child who has MANY small toys I am constantly trying to maintain a balance of a home and a playground. I don't know about you but I really do LOVE the sight of toys in a home. It's proof that there is LIFE, LAUGHTER and LOVE present. But I also like a clean home that is somewhat neat.

With our house being two story and having a dog that leaves her hair everywhere, it was a must for me to have a changing table downstairs. Until yesterday I HATED that changer for the simple fact that is has also become and open toy box and never seems pleasing to the eye.

So today I borrowed the curtain and rod from our kitchen window just to see what it would look like...what do you think?

I am really liking it! Now I just need to find it it's own rod and curtains to match the room a little better!

7 comments:

Ann On and On... said...

Looks great!!!

brandie said...

What a great idea! Good job!

jag said...

DIG IT!

Amy said...

Is there anything you can't do? I love it too!

The Cochran Crew said...

Precious!!! E-Mail me when you can, I'd like to do one of your Tuesday giveaways!

Dave, Sara, and Even said...

That is a huge difference...I like it...check out Big Lots...they are hit or miss, but I have gotten rods (if you are not looking for anything fancy) and simple curtains.

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

It's perfect!! I love taking something from another room and making it work somewhere else -- for FREE!! :) Awesome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails