Wednesday, October 6, 2010

DIY ~ For The LOVE of Pumpkins!



The Wizard dropped off the BEST book the other day. I think it was her way of telling me I needed to get into the Fall spirit and pull out my decorations! In my defense it's been hard.....this is the first week we've had cooler weather....and boy am I LOVING it!!!

Have you heard of For The Love Of Pumpkins??? It's a book with decorating, cooking, entertaining and projects that involve...you guessed it.....PUMPKINS!!

I thought I'd share a few of the pics from the book and hopefully inspire you to get a jump on your Fall decor. I couldn't find any pictures online so I had to take them with my phone....please excuse the quality!


A Party Bowl!
I'm thinking I may do this and put the candy for treaters in it!


Treat Holders! 
I'm going to use the treat holder for THESE Mummy Cookie Suckers I am making!!


Pumpkin Pinata! 
The key is to drill 2 symmetrical holes on the top and 2 matching holes on the bottom then thread rope through a hole on the top down to the one on the bottom then the other on the bottom and back to the top....make sense? Here's a pic to help...



Tiny Turkey! 
So cute and the kiddos can help! Make sure to use the stem as the nose!
He's painted brown and his feathers are painted popsicle sticks!


I hope these DIY Pumpkin projects have inspired you!!
If you'd like a copy of this book for yourself hop on over to Amazon and buy it HERE!

Don't forget to enter this week's giveaway HERE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails