Thursday, November 11, 2010

Black Friday


They say Black Friday is NOT an official holiday but for bargain shoppers like us I beg to differ!

I can recall about 10 years ago waking up VERY early to score a digital camera for my mom for $49 at Best Buy. When I got there the line was wrapped all the way around the building. I admit that when the doors opened I was one of the hundreds of people that "skipped" that line and ran right back to the camera area. There was an associate standing on the counter tossing these cameras out into the crowd. Um....probably not the BEST way to distribute them! I however was lucky enough for one to land in my hands but not before the guy behind me grabbed my sweater and tried to take it from me. He did NOT succeed but maybe that was my Karma for "skipping" that horrid line out front!?

In case you don't know, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving. They call it "black" because it pretty much is the first shopping day that brings retailer from red (a loss in the accounting books) to black (a profit)!

There are TONS of sites that post Black Friday ads and if you are following any of them you have probably noticed MANY merchants have released their ads. The two I follow are TheBlackFriday.com and Gottadeal.com

Enjoy Black Friday 2010....think of me as I am still on bed rest and will have to cash in on the online DEALS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails