Thursday, June 9, 2011

Attention Brides!!!



Have you heard of Recycled Bride??

Recycled Bride is a free marketplace for eco-savvy brides and their friends. Members recycle everything from designer wedding gowns to table decorations, bridesmaids dresses, shoes, and even wedding gifts. If you have ever been part of a wedding, or plan to be, buying and selling on Recycled Bride helps minimize your carbon footprint and maximize your budget.

Um...where were you Recycled Bride when I got married!!?

It was my dream to have this Monique Lhuillier Coco gown


The price tag was WAY more than I would ever spend on a dress. Instead, I bought a plain dress from a local bridal shop that was closing.....the dress was $100 and then purchased a lace top from White House Black Market that was similar to the French Alencon lace top that came with the Coco gown. I then had a sash made. There are brides selling their USED Coco gowns for $2000+ my FAUX Coco gown cost me $250 with alterations!

{my wedding pics are on a disc somewhere...this was on the computer so i used it....its one og my favs!}









2 comments:

jag said...

Love the faux coco! Awesome job!

www.johnniesjunk.blogspot.com said...

Recycled Bride! What a great concept! Your dress was adorable!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails